What we will learn in IBM Cognos 10 Framework Manager Tutorial
- IBM Cognos Architecture.
- Importance of IBM Cognos Framework Manager. Why use it? How to use it?
- User Interface.
- Basic Concepts such as Layers, Namespaces, Folders.
- Import Data, Run Metadata Wizard, Query Items, Query Subject, Stored Procedure.
- Transform Data Joins, Expression, Functions, Macros, Standalone or Embedded Filters, and Calculations.
- Advanced Topics such as Cardinality, Determinants, Dimensions, Governor Settings and Other
- Framework Manager Security, User, Groupes, Roles, Data Security, Object Security, and Package Security.
- Framework Manager Package, Create, Modify and Publish Package, Modal Advisor and Object Verification.
IBM Cognos Framework Manager is a Data Modeling tool we will use to import and transform data. We need to import data from any supported database. It is good if you have a basic understanding of Databases and Database Concepts. If you want to learn database concepts, you can check all these courses.
Browser: Any good browser with HTML5 support. We are using pop-ups for our video player. You need to enable it to watch videos.
Zip Extractor: We are using zip files to share all the course content and samples. You need to use any software which can help to the zip files.
IBM Cognos Framework Manager is a part of the IBM Cognos Business Intelligence suite, or an IBM Cognos BI Suite. It is used to process data or for Data Modeling. Data Modeling includes, import, transform and clean the data. The clean and processed data, then used for reporting. You can say that the Framework Manager is the source for reports or dashboard.
In this tutorial series, we will learn everything about IBM Cognos Framework Manager. How to use it to combine data from multiple data sources, processes it and used it in IBM Cognos Framework Manager.
Finally, we need to publish the Cognos Framework Manager package. We need to use it in Report Studio to create reports.
Our main goal is too familiar with the IBM Cognos Framework Manager, so can use it to data modeling.
Author: Mayank Sanghvi
About the Author:
Mayank has 7+ years of experience with the IBM Cognos BI suite. During this time he worked with different clients and projects to deliver Cognos specific requirements.
Who this course is for:
This course is designed
for developers who need to use IBM Cognos Framework Manager.
Full lifetime access
Access on mobile and TV